Many of you are already familiar with Ken and his contributions to Wisconsin, but for those of you who are just getting to know him, here is more.
Ken Van Doren was born in Milwaukee and raised in Wisconsin. He is a graduate of Oak Creek High School and an Honors Graduate at UW Madison with a degree in Wildlife Ecology. Ken has been a Mauston resident for the last 21 years. He shares our Wisconsin values!
Ken has been married for 38 years and he is the father of five.
Ken has been advocating for individual rights and fiscal responsibility for over 30 years as a public speaker, educator and citizen lobbyist. He is a man of integrity and vision. He is willing to stand up and fight for what’s right. He is not a quitter.
Here are a few of his many accomplishments:
- Wildlife Ecology research assistant, UW Madison
- Residential/light commercial building contractor
- Former President and Secretary of the Coon Valley Lions Club
- Former Mauston City Council member
- Member of the Coon Valley Conservation Club
- Youth football, soccer and hockey coach
- Served on the Church Council
- Leader in the Liberty Movement for more than 30 years
Ken is also an fisherman, hunter, an avid gardener and a maker of the best home brew ever (if Ken says it, it must be true!). He has spent most of his adult life reading, learning and studying economics, history and government.
One of Ken’s fondest memories was being part of the team that helped H. Gobind Khorana win the Nobel prize in 1968. Next time you run into Ken, ask him about it!